Thursday, November 20, 2008

what do you listen to at work?

I work in a charming historic house situated between two student residences. 

About an hour ago I started hearing the sweet sounds of the marching band coming from somewhere outside and very nearby. 

I assumed that they were making their way down Campus Drive, just on the other side of the house next door. It is the week of the Big Game, after all.

Ran outside with my coworkers to see them and, turns out, they are practicing ON THE ROOF OF THE FRAT HOUSE next door.

How fabulous is that?

They're still playing. And making me feel all cheerful and nostalgic.

I love this place.

4 comments:

Vanessa Swenson said...

the Stanford marching band is bonkers. BONKERS.

Kimberly said...

That rocks. Seriously. If I could redo my life, I would very seriously consider joining a drum and bugle corps. Of course then I might not have gone to college. Either way, enjoy the soundtrack!

rantipoler said...

Ha! That is seriously awesome.

chrome3d said...

I listen music from my harddrive but a real marching band would be a nice change.