Wednesday, February 25, 2009

25: foot where

When I don't sleep, the toes on my right foot cramp up.

On the street where I live, there are some messages that were scribbled into the concrete sidewalk before it set, I suppose.

This message reads: 
BE A HOOLIGAN
BUY SHOES

And that's what I did.

On Saturday I went to Target to get a pair of black flats to wear to my concert Saturday night. Being in the percussion section for this show, I didn't want to be on my feet and in heels the whole time.

Target is my favorite place for shoes as of late. Cute + comfy + inexpensive. Repeat.

Also, I have a great pear of blue-tipped brown ballet flats that I got on clearance at Old Navy for $7. Fabulous.

My favorite shoes are, and perhaps always have been, moccasins. I like to be able to feel the earth under my feet.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I discovered in Spain that my thinly soled shoes allowed the uneven cobblestones to massage my sore feet. Put on your best moccasins and go find some old stone walk. I bet SF has some somewhere.

Vanessa Swenson said...

shoes are the bees knees.